MWFRA Referee Registration for 2023 returning referees is now OPEN. Please read the following instructions carefully before completing your registration.
Please log in using your previous details. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. This will issue you a new FFA number and cause many volunteers additional work throughout the season.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING
- Go to www.playfootball.com.au
- Click on Coaches, Referees & Volunteers
- Type in Manly Warringah Football Referees Association and click on the appropriate box when it appears
- Click on Get Started
- Click on Sign in
- Use the email address and password you used previously to log on, click on Continue
- Select the person you are registering for. Click on Continue
- Select the correct product: see explanations below
- Click Continue
- Update the Registrants personal and contact details, answer the questions then click Continue
- Upload a profile photo by clicking on Select Profile Image, browse from your device, then click Continue. Registrations without a photo will not be approved. Photos should not be more than 2 years old. Please see below for further information
- If you are a Senior Referee or a Junior Referee who has turned 18, you must include a valid, paid Working with Children Check number and expiry date. Registrations without a valid WWCC will not be approved. Please see below for further details.
- Review your order, if you need to modify your product selection or details, select ‘Modify’ in the appropriate section to do this.
- Acknowledging Terms and Conditions
Click on the ‘Check box’, Read and Acknowledge all Terms and Conditions by selecting Accept All T&C’s displayed and then click Continue. Please read all the Terms and Conditions carefully.
- Payment Options Screen – All returning referees (except Life Members) must pay the $10 Registration Fee.
a. Input “Vouchers/Coupons codes”, (for example ActiveKids Voucher) and click APPLY. The voucher amount will automatically be deducted from the total.
b. Choose Pay Online to complete the payment for your registration. MWFRA DOES NOT ACCEPT OFF-LINE PAYMENTS. Once the payment is complete you will receive a confirmation message and you can then continue with another registration if necessary.REGISTRATION APPROVAL
Registration will be approved once your accreditation has been verified, your photo has been checked, the WWCC has been verified (if required) and payment has been received. No exceptions will be made.
Referee accreditation lasts for 5 years from the year completed a course. If you completed your course between 2019-2022 then your accreditation is still valid. If you completed the course in 2018, you will need to revalidate your accreditation if you have met the minimum requirements of 20 games over the last 5 years. If you are unsure please contact Sigrid Mulherin at [email protected] before completing your registration.
If you completed your course prior to 2018 and have not revalidated your accreditation you may need to redo the Level 4 referee course. Please see our website for upcoming courses.
If you are unsure of your referee accreditation status, please contact Sigrid Mulherin at [email protected] before completing your registration.
Junior Referees (18 and under) can use their ActiveKids Voucher to pay for referee registration. Please be aware, however, that you will forfeit the remaining $90 of the voucher. Please apply for your ActiveKids Voucher before completing registration and enter the Voucher number on the payment page.
Working with Children Check
Referees 18 years and over must have an Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) before registration can be approved. This is FNSW policy. To obtain a WWCC, apply on-line at ServiceNSW for an Employee WWCC (ie not a volunteer WWCC). Download the application and visit a ServiceNSW outlet to provide proof of ID and pay the $80 fee. The WWCC lasts for 5 years. Referees without a valid WWCC will not be approved to referee in 2023. If you turn 18 during the season, you must obtain your WWCC as soon as you turn 18.
All referees must provide a current passport-style ID photograph. The photograph should be of head and shoulders only, looking directly at the camera, with no hats or glasses and preferably have a plain background. Registration will not be approved until an appropriate photo has been uploaded.
Products 01-03 – for referees who are completing a Level 4 referee course in 2023 ONLY.
- MWFRA Junior Referee (Accredited Referee ONLY)– for referees who turn 15 to 18 years in 2023 and have already completed a referee course prior to the commencement of the 2023 season.
- MWFRA Senior Referee (Accredited Referee ONLY)– for referees who turn 19 or older in 2023 and have a current referee accreditation and wish to be appointed to MWFA competition games.
- MWFRA Team Referee (Accredited Referee ONLY)– for referees who turn 19 or older in 2023 and have a current accreditation but only wish to officiate on team referee games.
- MWFRA Mentors and Assessors– for any senior referees who wish to be available to mentor other referees or who have an assessor’s qualification. This registration should ONLY be completed if you are not registering to referee. You must have 2 years’ experience as a referee to become a mentor.
- Life Member Registration– ONLY for members who have been bestowed Life Membership by the MWFRA.
If you have any further questions regarding your referee registration for 2023, please do not hesitate to contact me or our registrar – Frank Maiuolo – at [email protected].