Established in 1949, the Manly Warringah Football Referees Association’s objective is to promote, develop and foster football refereeing and the game of football on Sydney’s northern beaches.
Additionally, as per the MWFRA Constitution, other goals of the MWFRA Committee are to:
- ensure the uniformity of the interpretations of the Laws of the Game, officiating at matches, referees grading and match dress
- arrange the supply of referees to officiate in all games as requested by the Manly Warringah Football Association and to any other games recognised by the MWFRA
- recruit, train and retain new referees
- support an environment conducive to the recreational enjoyment of the game of football by the officiating referee
- improve the quality of refereeing and the personal development of the individual referee
- foster a close and mutually beneficial relationship, through formal affiliations or otherwise, between the MWFRA and the MWFA, other referee associations and other football organisations
- support the interests of members and ensure that members receive fair and just treatment, both within the MWFRA according to its rules and in respect of any other treatment of a member in their capacity as a member
The MWFRA is immensely proud of its 71-year history, in particular its past committees, life members and honour roll about which you can find out more in this section.