Established in 1949, the Manly Warringah Football Referees Association’s objective is to promote, develop and foster football refereeing and the game of football on Sydney’s northern beaches.
- ensure the uniformity of the interpretations of the Laws of the Game, officiating at matches, referees grading and match dress
- arrange the supply of referees to officiate in all games as requested by the Manly Warringah Football Association and to any other games recognised by the MWFRA
- recruit, train and retain new referees
- support an environment conducive to the recreational enjoyment of the game of football by the officiating referee
- improve the quality of refereeing and the personal development of the individual referee
- foster a close and mutually beneficial relationship, through formal affiliations or otherwise, between the MWFRA and the MWFA, other referee associations and other football organisations
- support the interests of members and ensure that members receive fair and just treatment, both within the MWFRA according to its rules and in respect of any other treatment of a member in their capacity as a member